This easy recipe is taken from Jamie Oliver and since discovering it I have never made them any other way. There is no weighing and a lovely, warm breakfast can be made in minutes.
Makes enough for 2 adults and 2 children
- 1 mug of plain flour
- 1 mug of milk
- 1 egg
- Oil or butter for frying
Examples of Favourite toppings: lemon, sugar, raspberries, maple syrup, bacon, or why not add ground cinnamon and grated apple to the batter.
- Simply put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well together.
- Your batter is ready! Put your oil or butter into a frying pan on a high heat. When it is hot, ladle in your batter.
- Leave to cook for about 3 mins and then next flip over and cook for another 2 mins on the other side.
- Eat straight away with your favourite toppings.
- Remember that babies under one shouldn’t eat honey.