For Christmas my daughter got some playdough but within days it had dried up because we had forgotten to put the lids on. I didn’t want to keep buying it so I made my own and we love it.
What you will need:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of oil (vegetable or sunflower will do)
- 1/2 a cup of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Cream of Tartar.
- 1 tablespoon of food colouring (or more for deeper colours)
- 1 cup of plain flour
- Put the water, oil, cream of tartar, salt and food colouring in a pan and heat up on a medium heat.
- Take off the heat. Allow to cool a little.
- Add the cup of flour.
- Mix together.
- Knead when cool enough.
- Store in an air tight container.
NOTE: This can be made without the Cream of Tartar but will not last very long. With the Cream of Tartar it should last around six months, if you keep it stored in an air tight container.