I am currently attempting to get my daughter to eat a ‘balanced diet’. This is the reason I bought the Yumbox as it has many compartments; this means that I can provide her with a portion of protein, carbohydrates, dairy, fruit, veg and sometimes a small treat. Whether she eats it all is another matter but this week she did.
Here are some ideas for your toddler packed lunches that I have used so far, choose one from each section:
- boiled egg
- grilled chicken
- wholewheat pesto pasta
- cheese straw made with puff pastry and cheese.
- cracker and cheese
- grated carrot and humous wrap
- tuna sandwich
- grapefruit pieces
- strawberries and blueberries
- satsuma pieces
- grated carrot and olives
- broccoli and cheese mini muffin
- greek salad
- cucumber and tomato
- Yoghurt coated raisins
- sour cream dip for the cheese straw.
- Full fat natural Greek yoghurt and blueberries
- feta cheese
It’s not always easy to hit every food type but I’m trying to find something she likes from each section.