This Fishcake recipe is one of the easiest to make and you can even freeze any leftovers for another day.
Makes 8 adult sized fishcakes
Prep: 5 mins
Cooking: 30 mins
- Tin of Sardines in tomato sauce
- 4 large potatoes
- Fresh Parsley
- Polenta or Breadcrumbs for coating
- Olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- 8 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
How to make:
- Peel your potatoes.
- Chop into 8 chunks.
- Boil for 20 mins on a medium heat or until soft.
- While this is boiling, mix together the juice from the lemon and your mayonnaise.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and mash into a large bowl.
- Add the sardines and chopped fresh parsley to the mashed potato.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly so that you can handle it.
- Form the mashed potato mix into balls. Coat with the polenta or breadcrumbs and flatten into a patty shape.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place your patties in the pan and allow to fry for 5-8 mins each side. Cook until they are lovely and golden. It is better to cook them on a low heat so they do not burn.
- Any left over patties cover in cling film and freeze before cooking.
- Eat your Fishcakes with a lovely spinach and satsuma salad for lunch or try with vegetables for dinner. Don’t forget to add your mayonnaise as a dip.