This is the start of a series of activity busy bags. The idea is that these bags are kept for times when your toddler needs to play independently because you may be cooking, on the telephone or to help make long distance travelling easier. Keep them tucked away and bring them out when they are needed, that way your child will not get bored of them.
Note that the first few times you get the bag out you may have to show your child what to do. Do not assume that they understand the intention of the bag.
Farm matching busy bag
Age: 12months +
Skills: recognition of farm animals, matching, word recognition and memory.
What you will need:
- size B5 zipper bag (click to buy)
- plastic farm animals (keep an eye out in your local pound shop)
- farm animal flash cards (download)
How to make:
- Place the items in the zipper bag.
- Child to match plastic animal to the flashcard.
- You may notice that in my bag I also have a ladybird with matching flashcard as we used these alongside the story What the Ladybird Heard by Julia Donaldson.